New Hampshire children, from preschool to third grade, will select the winning picture book when they vote in November 2019. The deadline for sending in votes will be Friday, December 13, 2019 at 4:30pm. Voting materials will be posted on the Ladybug web page in July. Before that we are collecting feedback about the materials that we created for last year's award. If you participate in the Ladybug Award please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LadybugFEEDBACK to complete the survey before May 25th.
You can order Ladybug Stickers anytime.
The 2019 nominees for the Ladybug Picture Book Award are:
- Alma and How She Got Her Name by Juana Martinez-Neal
- Can I be your dog? by Troy Cummings
- A Couch for Llama by Leah Gilbert
- The Day You Begin by Jacqueline Woodson and Rafael López
- Inky's Amazing Escape: How a Very Smart Octopus Found His Way Home by Sy Montgomery and Amy Schimler-Safford
- Julián is a Mermaid by Jessica Love
- Saffron Ice Cream by Rashin Kheiriyeh
- Thank you, Omu! by Oge Mora
- The Wall in the Middle of the Book by Jon Agee
- We Don't Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins