9/16/09

No More Ads on Our Book of the Week Widget

Several months ago I created a widget that you could include on your blog or website to display the Center's book of the week. Many of you added it to your sites which was wonderful.
Today I heard from the Whipple Free Library in New Boston that they were getting pop-up ads on our widget and wanted to know why. I was unaware of this and looked into it right away.

The ads were the result of a change to the terms of the free subscription to widgetbox that I used to create the widget. I have now upgraded our widgetbox account and the ads should be gone. I have the widget installed on the Center for the Book blog and the ads on our widget went away without my doing anything special when I upgraded the account. If you continue to see them on your copy of our widget, please try reinstalling the widget. If that doesn't make the ads go away, please let me know.

If you were feeling inspired to buy stuff when you saw the ads, how about a membership in the Center for the Book at the NHSL?

No comments: