3/11/10

Have you read these books?

As You Wish by Jackson Pearce
Deep in the Heart of High School by Veronica Goldbach
The Devouring by Simon Holt
Fade to Blue by Sean Beaudoin
Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom
Halo The Cole Protocol by Tobias S. Buckell
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Nathan Fox Dangerous Times by L.Brittney
Seven Deadly Sins by Robin Wasserman

The Flume Award committee is looking for feedback on these titles. If you have read these titles and want to share your opinion, or to check out what else is nominated for this teen book award, visit the Flume Award Wiki.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As the librarian in charge of buying YA books for my children's school in Marin County, I am so pleased at the response of my young readers to Sean Beaudoin's Fade to Blue.
I felt that the non-linear storyline might be too much of an intellectual challenge for many young readers, but I applauded the authors assessment that young readers of today might be sophisticated enough to enjoy a work like this.
I loved the unique, modern aesthetic, and bought the book.
My own 12 year old daughter and her classmates have read and enjoyed this book, and I am pleased that they are consuming such thoughtful literature.
Through reading this book they are given valuable tools with which to navigate the world of fashion, social cliques, and scary ice cream trucks.