11/18/14

WriMo Q&A: Kelsey Davis

Kelsey Davis
Please tell us a bit about yourself.


        My name is Kelsey and I am a 20 year old college student living in Nashua, New Hampshire. I took a writing class my second semester in college, and absolutely fell in love with it. My first story was a fantasy/adventure type of story, which incidentally is the story I am going to do for Nanowrimo. Since then I have attempted to branch out into other genres such as drama and romance. I think that fantasy/adventure is going to be my go-to genre though.
 

What inspired you to take on NaNoWriMo? 

I was inspired to do Nanowrimo after hearing more about it in my advanced writing class this semester. I wanted to challenge myself in order to become a better writer and I thought that this was a great way to do so. 
Please tell us a little about your plan for the month.
I don’t have a set plan, per se, but I wrote an in depth outline for the major plot points that I wanted to get into the story a few weeks before hand in addition to the condensed version of the story I wrote last spring. I plan to write as much as possible on the weekends because I have to work every night and I have classes every morning. I’m also having my friends and family edit the story as I write to make sure what I am writing is making sense. It also gives me more motivation to make it to the end.

What about NaNoWriMo are you most looking forward to this year?
This is the first time I am doing Nanowrimo and the thing I am most looking forward to is the sense of accomplishment that finishing this project will give me. I absolutely love my story, and I am excited to be able to have the opportunity to give it the complexity it deserves, which I was unable to do when I first wrote it.
What advice do you have to offer other WriMos?
Write. Seriously, just write. For me, the blank page is extremely intimidating, so it is hard for me to get started. But when I just write and not care about what is coming out, I can get into a groove and produce something worth wild. You can always edit later, for now just write.
  

Kelsey, whose NaNoWriMo handle is davisk0930, published a short story in Windows, her college’s literary magazine,  last spring.

No comments: