- Outstanding Children's Literature Award -- Joseph Monninger for Wish
- Outstanding Book of Poetry Award -- Deborah Brown for Walking the Dog's Shadow
- Outstanding Work of Nonfiction Award -- Beyond the Notches: Stories of Place in New Hampshire's North Country, edited by John R. Harris, Kay Morgan, and Mike Dickerman
- Donald M. Murray Award for Outstanding Journalism -- Meg Heckman, "Living with Hepatitis C," Concord Monitor
- Outstanding Book of Fiction Award -- Ann Joslin Williams for Down from Cascom Mountain
- Charles Simic was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award
- Readers' Choice Awards
Katherine Towler, Island Light (fiction)
Mary Carroll Moore, Your Book Starts Here (nonfiction)
Liz Ahl, Luck (poetry)
David S. Rawding, Lucas the Traveling Crab (children's literature)
And the winners are...
The New Hampshire Literary Awards were held this evening at the NH Institute of Art in Manchester. It was a wonderful night for NH's literati and I am very glad that I didn't have to choose the winners from among all the wonderful nominees!