- Thomas Weisshaus, author of Not a Victim!: Tales of Survival in Nazi Budapest will be at River Run Bookstore at 7pm
- Open Mic Poetry at Water Street is back.
Great readings are expected in 2011 and will start off with Chris Elliot and Tammi Truax. As always, their readings will be followed by an open mic opportunity. Bring one or two poems to share, or just come to listen and support the poets in our community. Event starts at 6:30pm.
- Alex & Nick Humez, and Rob Flynn will be at Gibson's talking about Short Cuts at 7pm.
" Our everyday lives are inevitably touched--and immeasurably enriched--by an extraordinary variety of miniature forms of verbal communication, from classified ads to street signs, and from yesterday's graffito to tomorrow's headline. Celebrating our long history of compact speech, Short Cuts offers a well-researched and vibrantly written account of this unsung corner of the linguistic world, inspiring a new appreciation of the wondrously varied forms of our briefest exchanges."
- Anne Trubek will give a talk on her nonfiction book, A Skeptic’s Guide to Writers’ Houses, at RiverRun Bookstore at 7pm.
- The Hyla Brook Reading Series kicks off the New Year
Poet Becky Dennison Sakellariou will kick of the series for 2011 with a reading on Thursday, January 13, 2010, 6:30-8:30pm. The series, affiliated with the Robert Frost Farm, takes place at BeanTowne Coffee House & Café (201 Rte 111 in Hampstead, NH) Also reading is Melissa Juchniewicz, a member of the Hyla Brook Poets. The Reading Series is free and open to the public.