12/14/09

What happened to the Book of the Week?

The annual holiday book show on NHPR's The Exhange was on two Fridays ago. Dan Chartrand from Water Street Bookstore and Micheal Herrmann from Gibson's were the guests and they talked about a lot of great books. That was week #48, and I was waiting until the show was on to write about a book that week because I wanted to feature something from the show. I heard most of the show live as I drove to a meeting, and there were several books discussed that appealed to me to write about. By the time I got back from the meeting lots of other stuff was demanding my attention and next thing I knew it was week #49.

I found copies of several of the books that had been discussed on the show and I got a couple of new books in the mail last week. These were added to the large (and ever-growing) pile of potential books-of-the-week in my office. Somehow a few quiet minutes to look at the books and decide what I wanted to say never materialized. It is now Monday of week #50.

I am determined to get back on track but have decided that trying to make up the missed weeks is apt to put me farther behind. Please consider the past 2 weeks a Book-of-the-Week vacation. (The first one since 2007.)

No comments: