10/21/08

Is October National Conference Month?

I've never heard of there being a National Conference Month, but looking at my calendar I would have to guess that if there is one, it is October.

Last week I got to go to the CHILIS Conference where the Center for the Book had a table (that is our table in the photo) with info about the Ladybug Picture Book Award, Letters About Literature (Could your school library use $50?), and general information about the Center for the Book at the NHSL.

This week I was at the New England Library Association Conference. There were some great programs, including presentations from authors, like Cynthia Lord, whose books have been featured as Books of the Week on this blog. I got to meet Jane Cleland, and bought a copy of Antiques to Die For, -- which mentions the NH Center in the acknowledgments (how cool is THAT!!?!) the latest of the Josie Prescott books. I also met several publishers in the Vendor's Hall who had interesting NH related books available which I will be featuring as upcoming books of the week.

No comments: