- Main Street Book Ends of Warner hosts a book group on the last Sunday of each month at 3pm. Their upcoming discussion books include Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver (January), Drizzled with Death by Jessie Crockett (February), and Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (March).
- Bayswater Book Company hosts the Bayswater Book Group on the first Monday of each month (twice a month during the summer). Their upcoming books include Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar (January), Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver (February), The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult (March).
- Gibson's Book Club meets starting at 7pm on the first Monday of each month. In January they will be reading a selection of stories from Best American Short Stories 2013; in February there will be a discussion and a dramatic reading from Shakespeare's Richard III.
- Toadstool Bookshops have a variety of book discussion groups including the Science Fiction and Fantasy Discussion Group, The Classics Crowd, Book Buzz for Kids, and the Teen Galley Group.
- Water Street Books hosts Liz Whaley's Book Group on the third Sunday of each month from 2-3:15pm. In January they will discuss Midnight in Peking by Paul French followed by The Round House by Louise Erdrich (February); Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwen (March); and Rules of Civility by Amor Towles (April).
Looking for a Book Group?
If you would like to join a book group this year there are discussion groups of all sorts hosted by New Hampshire's public libraries. There are also several ongoing book groups hosted by independent booksellers in the state. Here is a selection: