- The 2011 Pulitzer Prize winners have been announced.
- What libraries are all about, according to Happiness by Theodore Zeldin
- Robert Darnton on Five Myths About 'The Information Age' from the Chronicle of Higher Education
- E-Books Rank as #1 Format among All Trade Categories for the Month according to the Association of American Publishers. I'd be curious to know how many of the people who are "buying the full backlist of an author" are actually reading it. This article reminded me of the old Cathy cartoon about the thrill of getting organized ceasing the moment she ran out of things to buy. Perhaps I'm feeling overly cynical this afternoon.
Books Everyone Should Read as a tag cloud. Interesting presentation of the analysis this blogger did. New Hampshire readers are ahead of the curve as both of our state-wide Big Read titles are here.
- Help for the casual book hoarder from The New Yorker.
- American Booksellers Association has announced it's 2011 Award winners
- It was a book, now the U.S. Government Manual is online.
- Why do people collect first editions?